Definitely captured the Spyro feel.
I'm giving this a nine out of ten, because it sounds like it could have easily come from the video game, which is impressive to me.
What I liked:
- I love the transitions from one section of the song to another (forgive me, I have no knowledge of musical terminology!). Your transitions seem seamless and they all melt together to form one nice composition.
- The feeling of your song is mysterious but mischievous, which, given that you tried to emulate level music from Spyro, I think you captured this mood very well. It's been so long since I've played those games, but someone could have shown this to me and told me it was from the game's soundtrack, and I would have believed that it actually had been. The atmospheric effects you added (the very faint sounds of birds, or insects) really pull this together and make it even more believable.. This sounds sort of like one of the nighttime levels from the game.
- Your tempo and beat stay consistent -- in fact, I kind of like how once the song starts over again, it seems like it's a loop, so it doesn't annoy me to hear it keep going. This also makes it seem more like video game music.
- I loved your instrument choices and how you made them come and go amongst each other. It all sounds great together, really.
- As far as this goes as a stand-alone, I enjoy it. If I had any musical suggestions in general, it'd be that you try making longer tracks and experiment with intros and 'outros' (I know I just made up a word, there!) more and try to capture a variety of different moods. These aren't really improvements per se, just suggestions for what would be great to hear from you in the future, potentially!
Overall you've really impressed me. Often when I read someone who has never submitted anything before say that they are coming out with something (and they display even minor amounts of confidence), I am very skeptical, moreso with Flash animations than anything else. Still, I think you did a great job, and I can see animators potentially using your audio, which would be very cool for you (hey, perhaps if you make animations, you may use your own audio! Very convenient!). Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing more stuff from you!